If you are looking for hair that looks and feels like your own hair and want the option to style your piece with hot tools, including blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons and hot rollers, then human hair would be your best option. Human hair pieces last longer than synthetic pieces but they are also at a higher price point.
If you are looking for a piece that looks very natural, is easy to care for, requires minimal maintenance and less expensive, then a synthetic piece is your best option.
- Human hair wigs require much more maintenance. They must be styled daily and will react to the weather, just as your biological hair would.
- For the medical patient who chooses a synthetic wig, the time and effort saved in caring for the wig is an important consideration. Medical patients generally do not have the strength or energy to care for a high maintenance human hair wigs.
- Since synthetics are more economical, you can afford to change your style when you get tired of your current look.
- Cost – Human Hair wigs cost significantly more than synthetic wigs. There are also synthetic human blends that give you a human like feel but will still act as a synthetic and will remain on the synthetic price point. A high quality synthetic wig will look extremely natural if it is truly a high quality synthetic wig.
- We also carry a blended fiber which is 70% synthetic and 30% human hair. It feels very luxurious and you care for it as you would a synthetic.
In many cases, a topper can conceal thinning hair or areas of hair loss at the crown, hairline or top of the head. Toppers are a great option for women who do not have complete hair loss, as they can be blended seamlessly into your existing hair. Toppers are available in synthetic, heat friendly synthetic and human hair. We offer a wide variety of toppers and can customize any piece to disguise hair loss or thinning areas.
Pro Tip: You can also use toppers to add volume/length to existing hair or cover up new hair growth between colorings.
Many women think that you must have a human hair wig in order to achieve a realistic look. In actuality, if you are choosing a high quality synthetic wig, it can be very difficult to tell the difference. In our salon, we carry both human hair wigs as well as synthetic hair wigs. At Gayla Wigs we carry quality synthetic pieces as well as a few lesser quality wigs. Our quality wigs have monofilament caps with lace fronts and some are hand tied. The lesser quality synthetic wigs, they will look as if the hair has been backcombed throughout the wig.
- For the look of natural hair growth from the scalp, we highly recommend a monofilament wig cap. Monofilament wigs can also be parted in different directions for additional versatility. A lace front wig will give you a natural looking hair line and the ability to wear the hair pushed back and away from the face. A 100% hand tied wig is a premium option that is comfortable and looks like hair growing from the scalp on the entire cap.
- Also consider that the most natural looking wig is going to be one where the style suits your face shape and the color suits your skin tone. Our private consultations will ensure that that you find the best possible color and style. We can color match your selection to your own hair.
Pro Tip: We include one customization with each wig which includes cutting the bangs or nape. The pieces can also be thinned or shortened for an additional fee.